Monday, November 1, 2010

Wilkommen to Wien

Woke up this morning...in Vienna! So excited.

I spent most of the day at meetings in the UN, kind of felt like being back in DC. The UN complex here was designed in the 70s and was supposed to be super hip. All of the buildings are grey and then accented with bright orange. Even the inside of the elevators was bright orange walls and orange light bulbs. If Austin Powers were to try and solve the world's problems he would do so from the Vienna UN headquarters for sure.

After the meetings I wandered around Vienna with some friends, played a little frisbee with my frisbee team buddies in a park about a block from one of the prettiest cathedrals, ate some delicious gelato, and stumbled upon monuments to some of my favorite composers (Mozart, Strauss, Mahler, Haydn, and oh my gosh so many more!!).

Not much else to note except that I cannot believe that tomorrow is my last day here, then hopping a plan early Wednesday morning and back to the DC grind...have to make tomorrow count!

the cathedral near where we played frisbee
Haydn and me
Strauss' star

No comments:

Post a Comment